EVERCLEAR NACHO CHEESE DIP
JUST A DASH IN THIS DIP AWAKENS THE SENSES AND PLEASES A CROWD.
Here’s a fresh twist on a favorite cheesy, gooey and sometimes spicy classic that’s sure to become your next party tradition.
Ingredients (Yields 2 cups of Delicious Nacho Dip)
2 tbsp olive oil
2 scallions; minced, whites and greens separated
1 clove garlic; minced
2 red bell peppers, chopped into half-inch squares
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 tbsp Everclear®
1 cup milk
8 oz grated Monterey Jack cheese
8 oz grated medium cheddar cheese
2 tbsp adobo sauce from chipotle can
2 tbsp diced green chili
1 jalapeno; minced
½ cup cilantro; chopped
1. In a sauté pan, heat the olive oil on low for a few minutes.
2. In the oil, sauté the scallion whites, and garlic for a minute before adding the bell pepper.
3. Continue to cook on medium heat until the peppers are tender, about five minutes.
4. In a separate, small bowl, combine the cornstarch and Everclear® to make a slurry.
5. Heat the milk on low in a medium saucepan. Add the slurry to the milk and raise the heat to medium and bring to a boil.
6. Turn off the heat and add the grated cheese. Let the residual heat melt the cheese, then stir in the adobo sauce, green chili, jalapenos, ¼ cup of cilantro and the bell peppers.
7. Mix thoroughly until all of the cheese is melted and the fixings are evenly distributed.
8. Pour into a festive bowl and top with the remaining ¼ cup chopped cilantro, sliced jalapenos, sour cream. Add any other favorite flavorful additions.
Please Enjoy Responsibly.