GLAZED UNICORN HORNS
What Doughy Dreams Are Made Of
These magical donuts use Everclear® to achieve the perfect fried exterior surrounding soft, pillowy dough inside.
For the Donut Horns:
4 C. white flour
2 ½ tsp. active dry yeast
3 5oz cans evaporated milk
3 tbsp. butter
3 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. of salt
Splash of Everclear®
Vegetable oil for frying
For the Glaze:
2 ½ C. powdered sugar
1 tbsp. melted butter
4 tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
To Make the Donuts:
- Heat the milk and butter in a small saucepan until butter melts — liquid should be only slightly warm to the touch.
- Add in yeast to the milk and let rest for 2 minutes.
- Add in sugar, salt, egg and Everclear® and whisk together.
- Add in flour and mix with a wooden spoon to form dough.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and knead for 5 minutes to form a smooth, elastic dough then place into a lightly greased bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place for about 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
- Punch down dough to deflate then place on a floured board and cut into 24 equal pieces.
- Roll first piece into a rope. Fold the rope in half so that the ends touch then twist the two strands together to form a unicorn horn. Press the ends together to seal.
- Place onto a large, greased tray and repeat the process with the rest of the dough.
- Let the donuts rise for twenty minutes. While the donuts are resting, heat oil to 320°F.
- Fry donuts in batches for about 2 minutes on each side.
To Make the Glaze:
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl and pour into a tall glass.
- Dunk donuts into glass, covering them completely.
- Set aside to let the glaze set slightly, then serve immediately.
Please Enjoy Responsibly.