A VEGGIE DISH THAT GOES AGAINST THE GRAIN.
Give rice a rest and try out this hearty vegetarian dish made with protein-packed quinoa and fresh produce. Just half a cup of Everclear heightens aromatic herbs and ties every flavor of this unique risotto together.
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil (Divided)
3 Shallots Diced
2 tsp. Thyme Leaves (Fresh or Dried)
1 C. Quinoa (Rinsed)
½ C. Everclear®
1 ¾ C. Vegetable Broth
1 Can White Beans Drained and Rinsed
1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
1/3 C. Frozen Peas
1/3 C. Chopped Asparagus
1. In a large Dutch oven, combine 1 tablespoon olive oil with chopped shallots. Soften over medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes.
2. When soft, add 2 teaspoons of thyme and sauté for another minute.
3. Turn down heat and add rinsed quinoa and Everclear®.
4. Let simmer for 1 minute before adding vegetable broth.
5. Cover and continue simmering on low for 10 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, add white beans, lemon juice, remaining olive oil and a pinch of salt to a blender or food processor. Purée until smooth, adding vegetable broth as needed.
7. Add peas and asparagus to cooked quinoa. Continue cooking for 3-5 minutes or until quinoa has absorbed most, but not all, of the liquid.
8. Combine cooked quinoa with white bean purée and stir well. If needed, add more vegetable broth or white beans until a creamy consistency is reached.
9. Garnish with parsley, extra peas, roasted asparagus, a drizzle of olive oil or a sprinkle of freshly shaved Romano cheese.
Please Enjoy Responsibly.