Everclear® Strawberry Cheesecake Cups
A delicious and fruity twist on a classic dessert.
Rich, creamy, and sweet, Laura Mcintosh from Bringing it Home takes us through all three luxurious steps to craft these delightful mini-cheesecake treats.
Step One: Make the Cups
12 oz full-fat or farmer’s cream cheese, room temperature
½ cup granulated monk fruit or standard sugar (100g)
1 tbsp arrowroot for thickening
1 large egg
¼ cup sour cream, room temperature (57g)
1 tsp vanilla paste or extract
Graham cracker crusts (store-bought)
1. Preheat your oven to 325 F (160 C) and prepare a muffin tin by lining it with muffin cups, or grease it with cooking spray.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine sugar and arrowroot, then add it to the bowl of a stand mixer along with the softened cream cheese.
3. Whisk the egg and drizzle it in the cream cheese with the mixer on low, until combined, remembering to scrape the sides.
4. Add the vanilla and sour cream, and fold the mixture into the batter using a rubber spatula until combined.
5. Use a cookie scoop or large ladle to evenly disperse the cheesecake onto the graham cracker crusts in the muffin tin. Spread evenly.
6. Bake the mini cheesecakes for 15-18 minutes, until lightly puffy with a slight jiggle in the center.
7. Place the muffin tin on a wire rack to cool for one hour. Transfer to the fridge for at least 2-3 hours to finish setting.
Step 2: Make the Strawberry Sauce
10-12 medium/large strawberries
2 Cups monk fruit or granulated sugar (25g)
2 oz Everclear®
1 tbsp cornstarch (optional)
1 cup of water
4 large strawberries (garnish)
1. In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, water, and Everclear®. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until the sugar dissolves.
2. Add quartered strawberries to the now made “simple syrup” and cook until the strawberries break down and release their juices.
3. Strain the mixture, removing the big bits of strawberry, and reserve the liquid.
4. Once strained, add the strawberry liquid back into the saucepan and bring to a boil.
5. If you prefer a thicker sauce, mix together arrowroot and water, and add it to the strained strawberry sauce. Mix for 30 seconds over medium heat.
6. Transfer sauce to a bowl to completely cool.
7. Serve the strawberry sauce over the cheesecake cups.
• Optional: Garnish with the 4 large strawberries. Simply slice and top the strawberry sauce.
Step 3: Make the Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting
2 oz cold cream cheese
¼ cup powdered monk fruit or sugar substitute (30g)
½ cup cold heavy whipping cream (120ml)
½ cup whole milk
1 tsp vanilla paste or extract
1 tsp lemon juice
Lemon zest, to taste
1. Using a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, add the cold cream cheese, powdered monk fruit or sugar substitute, and vanilla to the bowl. Mix on low speed to combine, then switch to high speed to make it really smooth. Be sure to scrape the sides to mix well.
2. With the mixer still on low speed, drizzle in the cold heavy cream and whole milk until the mixture is combined. Continue to scrape the sides.
3. Increase the speed of the mixer to high and continue until stiff peaks form. Add the lemon juice and zest to taste. Mix for a few more seconds until well combined.
Use this whipped cream cheese frosting to top your Everclear® Strawberry Cheesecake Cups, and enjoy!
Please Enjoy Responsibly